Robert C. Lowe is a Board Certified Family Law Specialist with over 45 years of experience handling family law and other civil matters. He has distinguished himself as one of the preeminent family law attorneys in Louisiana, and is recognized locally and nationally as a leader in his practice area.
A Strong Focus on Family Law Matters
He represents parties in various family law matters, such as:
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Interspousal contracts
- Divorce actions
- Property partitions
- Child custody and visitation
- Spousal and child support
Mr. Lowe has extensive experience in successfully representing high profile clients and all other clients in a discreet yet aggressive fashion. He works within the traditional bounds of the court system, and also, as necessary, with mediators, mental health professionals, and tax and financial consultants to determine the best resolution for each individual situation.
Education & Memberships
While in law school, Mr. Lowe was selected to the Order of the Coif, the highest honor a law student can receive. He was also a member of the Louisiana Law Review and selected to Phi Kappa Phi, an honor society. He is a member of the LSU Law Center Hall of Fame (1987).
Mr. Lowe is a member of the American, Louisiana, and New Orleans Bar Associations, Louisiana Law Institute (community property committee), the Louisiana Association of Justice, and is a past president of the Family Law Sections of the New Orleans Bar Association, Louisiana State Bar Association, and the Louisiana Association of Justice.
Mr. Lowe has practiced before many state district courts across the state, all six Louisiana appellate courts, federal district courts, the Federal Fifth Circuit Court of Appeal, and the United States Supreme Court. He has argued in the Louisiana Supreme Court six times. His trial and appellate experience is extensive.
Publications & Accolades
Mr. Lowe enjoys a Martindale Hubbell AV rating, the highest attainable, and has for over 35 years. He has also authored numerous articles for professional publications, and is a frequent lecturer (over 70 presentations) at educational and professional programs locally and nationally. He is the former Chairman of the Planning Committee for the annual Family Law Seminar at LSU Law School.
He has made speaking appearances at the following:
- The American Bar Association
- The Louisiana Bar Association
- The American Arbitration Association
- Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University
- Tulane University School of Law
- Loyola University School of Law
- The New Orleans Bar Association
He also taught the Bar Review Course in Persons and Community Property at the Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University for many years. He is also a trained commercial mediator. Mr. Lowe also served in the United States Marine Corp. Reserve from 1971 to 1977. Mr. Lowe is the author of Louisiana Divorce (West Publishing Company), published in 1984, and revised annually.
His accolades include the following:
- Best Lawyers in America (since its initial publication in 1983)
- New Orleans Family Lawyer of the Year in 2014, also by Best Lawyers in America
- Louisiana Super Lawyers every year since its publication, including Top 50, 2007 and 2008
- Who's Who in America
- Who's Who in American Law
- Who's Who in the World
- Who's Who in the South and Southwest
- Marquis Who’s Who Lifetime Achievement Award
- Listed annually in New Orleans Magazine's Top Lawyers in New Orleans
- Profiled in New Orleans Magazine in 1989
- Profiled in Kingfish Magazine in 2001