At Lowe, Stein, Hoffman, Allweiss & Hauver LLP, we are dedicated to finding out what our clients expect from us and fulfilling their needs. Clients expect lawyers to have a comprehensive understanding of the law. They expect lawyers to respond quickly to phone calls or emails, listen carefully, and find solutions that can better their businesses. At Lowe Stein, our firm is built around client satisfaction.
In addition to our client-focused operations, we are able to serve clients from all over the globe. We have traveled all across the country and even internationally to assist our clients. Wherever your location, we can likely help you succeed in your legal matter.
Our Pro Bono & Community Commitment
Lowe Stein is committed to supporting and helping people and organizations in the communities where we live and work. Driven by our lawyers' interests, we provide legal representation in projects locally "for the public good." We contribute professional skills and substantial resources in cases and projects that help those who could not otherwise afford legal representation, and we support diverse social causes and enhance access to the arts and cultural expressions of New Orleans.
Examples of Involvement:
- Tour de Lis
- Langston Hughes Academy
- Temple Sinai of New Orleans
- Jewish Federations of North America
- Jewish Federation of Greater New Orleans
- Anti-Defamation League
- The St. Bernard Project
- The New Orleans Pro Bono Project
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Ray Hester Memorial for Leukemia Research
- Habitat for Humanity
- The Idea Village
Diversity conferences and literature usually focus on the business reasons for diversity. At Lowe Stein, we believe that to succeed in the long term, the principal motivation behind a diversity initiative has to focus on creating a vibrant culture in which lawyers of all backgrounds can and want to succeed both now and in the long term. We are committed to building a firm that contributes in important ways to all areas of our community life and reflects the diversity of New Orleans.
The ever-changing needs of the 21st century require diversity in the legal profession and in the community. That results in a better work product and in a deeper appreciation of differences that affect us all. We strongly believe that our historical civic commitment, tied with diversity initiatives for the community, can create a firm that reflects our community as a whole.
Our New Orleans lawyers devote themselves to serving clients. They do so by foreseeing needs and quickly responding to the distinct challenges of their businesses. At Lowe Stein, we have always done business that way. And we always will. Today's vibrant environment requires our lawyers to operate alongside our clients wherever and whenever needed. Innovative law firms like Lowe Stein can no longer remain confined to fixed office locations and still expect to deliver timely and relevant legal services to meet clients' increasing needs. New technology approaches in this digital age allow Lowe Stein to extend our assistance outside of our office in New Orleans.
The advantages of technology-based collaboration and information:
- Our lawyers can work with clients in an anytime/anywhere environment.
- Improved response times and the overall quality of lawyer work product
- The elimination of multiple versions of draft documents, which frequently result in an unmanageable labyrinth of data
- Allows both our lawyers and our clients to work from a single document
- Our New Orleans lawyers can take their offices with them to the client workspace, or anywhere they need to be, using mobile applications and wireless communication.
- Lawyers can communicate with and support clients via teleconference in real-time Web meeting facilities, saving both time and travel costs.
- Clients who cannot meet their lawyers in person can connect via video conference services.
Now, more than ever, our lawyers enjoy access to a host of state-of-the-art technology tools and services that make it easy to communicate with clients. The ability to respond to client requests and to gain access to client files quickly and effortlessly is critical. Using external services and internal technologies like scanning and imaging, Lowe Stein lawyers can share information with their colleagues with a high degree of efficiency. This fosters successful collaboration on client matters without additional administrative costs.
Lowe Stein is dedicated to using progressive technology to provide the most efficient, cost-effective solutions for our clients. Our technology committee regularly evaluates new hardware and software and incorporates innovative technology to keep the firm's lawyers competitive and our systems up-to-date.
In recognition of Lowe Stein's determination to provide first-rate legal services to clients while maintaining our long-term impact on the planet, we pledge to incorporate sustainable policies into our day-to-day operations and long-term strategy. Because law firms use a considerable amount of paper, we are attentive in our efforts to limit our use of paper.
How we limit our use of paper:
- All printers and copiers use 30% post-consumer recycled paper and whenever possible
- Firm notices and memos are distributed electronically
- We use electronic-only versions of many documents.
- We encourage employees to limit their use of paper documents without ever sacrificing the quality of their work.
In addition to purchasing 30% post-consumer recycled paper, we are integrating the use of office supplies made from recycled materials. We continue to reduce the use of non-paper materials by working to re-use and recycle as many products as possible, including using durable products to the maximum practical extent possible and avoiding artificial or toxic products when more natural alternatives are available.
In an effort to reduce the amount of waste produced by the firm, we have purchased mugs and glasses and encourage members of the firm to use them for refreshments in place of disposable containers. The firm has stopped serving bottled water and provides filtered water in our kitchen areas and during all catered meetings.